Goal: MFI Wallpaper collection from the whole world.
Description: As you can see MFI is downloaded everywhere in the world, and for that reason will be very nice to have MFI: collection of wallpapers / themes to be part of it.
Collecting campaign: If you have your original content to share, or you want to show your place of living, or some nice place you have visit, or place important and notable for your country, and you want to be seen everywhere else, then you are on the right place.
Conditions for Images/Photos:
1. You must hold the copyright.
2. Images/Photos must not have any watermark or any other sign on them.
3. Resolution of Images/Photos must be at least 1920x1200px.
4. Acceptable formats: Standard digital formats: JPG, TIFF, PNG, and RAW formats (NEF, CR2, DNG).
Photos will be selected, edited if necessary to become unique wallpapers, and will take place in specified MFI: Windows Theme.
If you want to join the collection campaign, then you automatically accept to share your content and you agree to share your copyright of the content with Wiwi-maX as author of MFI.
Full copyright includes but is not limited to the following rights as: copying, sharing, publishing, printing, selling, editing.
- WHAT WILL BE REJECTED -
- Images that exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- Images that contain nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or contain a link to an adult website;
- Any kind of pornographic content altogether with topless, nudes and artistic nudes, especially child pornography, kids with adults clothes, naked kids, underage and teens.
- Images that include drugs, weapons, illegal material, deaths, funerals, abnormal human behavior, human or animal suffering.
However, it is possible your content not to be selected for publishing for many other reasons. (One example is low overall quality).
Wiwi-maX retains right to simple reject your content without (explanation) further notice.
Wiwi-maX retains right even your content is selected for publishing to not include it in some product, or some future version of the same product. (Example: This can apply at eventual “lite” release of some product.)
If you – (the sender) are claiming that you have the copyright with removing watermark from someone else, then you are fully responsible for that matter and in case of infringements you will take full civil and criminal responsibility.
How to join to the MFI: Wallpaper collection campaign?
1. Upload your images files via standard email attachment service if they are around 10-15 megabytes, or if they are bigger it is recommend using of Google Drive, Mega, www.dropbox.com, or www.wetransfer.com. Sent an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the direct link to your uploaded zip/rar archive.
2. Other things you need to write in your e-mail:
Description for each image, and equipment (digital camera, scanner...) that was used for capturing.
Your real name, and link* to some social network profile.
*This is for eventual copyright infringements.
You can choose how you want to be signed/credited as author of the images as:
- Subject name, subject location;
- Year (date) of the origin of image/photo, Author: Last name, First name, Your place of living.
- or -
- Subject name, subject location;
- Year (date) of the origin of image/photo, Author: Nickname, Your place of living.
If editing is applied, then Wiwi-maX will be also written as Photo editor, or retoucher.
MFI watermark will be applied on all images/photos.
There ware many threads on the Internet as: Why MFI homepage is down?! Why all MFI links are down?! Does author receive C&D letter?
So, the answer, which everyone deserve is:
One IT magazine (the name is irrelevant) did not read the EULA or didn't understand it very well, and asked for permission for MFIs to be added to it's DVDs which are present as free supply with the printed edition of the magazine. But this was obvious that will lead to MASS distribution and probably would increase their sales, which on the end is against the MFI's EULA free, non-sale condition.
At the time most appropriate solution was to take down the whole project for a while.
And something more important is that taking down the site was not related with C&D letter or any other complaint in any form from any third-party.
MFI7 and MFITPC affected by: "Convenience rollup update"
"Convenience rollup update" also known as update: KB3125574
What is included:
- Includes almost all updates released after Service Pack 1 in February 2011, through April 2016.
What is not included:
- Windows 7 Platform Update (KB2670838);
- Internet Explorer 11 and updates related with it;
- Updates for .NET Framework 3.
To be installed prerequisites is:
"April 2015 servicing stack update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 - KB3020369".
Officially is recommended users to create updated installation media.
"We recommend that you include this rollup package in the image creation process to make it easier to quickly set up a computer."
To do that you can integrate these updates into your installation image, in the following order:
You need "Windows 7 with Service Pack 1" installation media (any wanted edition even Embedded and Thin PC), and integrate above mentioned updates in following order:
Be aware that MFI8 also may be affected by new May 2016 rollups
(last one was released in May 2014 - also known as "November Update" or "Update 3"):
"May 2016 update rollup for Windows Server 2012"
"May 2016 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2"
With changing "update" plans and decision for releasing "update rollups" Microsoft have made huge changes for all of us.
"Convenience rollup update" for Windows 7-based systems is equal to "Service Pack 2" - but they not named it as such, because they have obligations (by their own rules) to fully support every Service Pack for given product for 2 additional years - and they have abandon Service Pack - releasing strategy very long ago - SP1 for Windows 7 released in February 2011 is the last one, because they probably do not want to extend support policy and give resources for old operating system - something that is totally acceptable when Update rollup are here for instead of service packs.
P.S. In the moment there is ongoing testing for eventual issues with MFI7 and MFITPC.
New version of MFI10 is under development...
- Will include one exclusively and completely new missed feature... in the cover pages...
- Another components from the previous OSes...
- Additional support for Threshold 2 - 10586;
- Beta support for Redstone branch;
- Dozens of new system OS-Enhancements, updates, bug fixes,..
Missed Features Installer for Servers, was originally planned as separated product, but was decided missed features for servers to be included in MFIs intended for clients OSes who share the same platform (kernel) with server ones, because of saving space in ISO files.
Support for Server 2008 R2 will be added in MFI7;
Support for Server 2012 and 2012 R2 will be added in MFI8.